Spring officially starts this month! Now is the time to be outside enjoying the weather and the transformation of your outdoor spaces from dormant and gray to sunshiny and vibrant.
Here are a few tips to help you create an amazing outdoor living space.
2. To make the space as comfortable as possible, use pillows and cushions that are covered in outdoor fabric. This will give you the comfort of the indoors combined with the tranquility of being outdoors.
3. Add pops of color with flower pots that are strategically placed around your outdoor “living room.” This is the equivalent of vases of flowers that you have inside, except they will last longer! Perennials can thrive for years in a single container. Use just one variety or mix them for an exciting array of color.
4. Lighting is important, inside and out. Outside lighting extends the time you can spend outdoors and creates a festive party mood. String up outdoor lights around the deck, on the pergola, or even in the trees.
5. Add the sound of a tranquil brook with a water feature. Many are available at your local garden store or you can easily make one. Either way you will enjoy the soothing sound of water.
6. Expand your living space by adding pavers that lead to hidden gardens or additional seating.
7. Create a private seating area with a bench placed under a favorite tree or near the rose garden.
8. Just as a fireplace creates ambiance inside, a fire pit will create a warm and inviting space for friends and family to gather outside.
9. Art work is important both to your indoor and outdoor spaces. Create a mural or incorporate an outdoor rug for color. Use “found” art by re-using rod iron pieces to create an artistic focal point. A beautiful sculpture piece would add charm and beauty to any outdoor living space.
10. Pick a theme. Just like you would design your indoor space around a theme, do the same with your outdoor space. Pick a color, a style or simply use your favorite things to create a space that is beautiful, inviting and uniquely you.
Creating an outdoor living area extends the use of the space you have, and allows you to create your own personal oasis right in your backyard. Using Stone Furniture in your outdoor design allows you to customize the space and enhance the beauty of your outdoor living room. Stone Furniture is designed to be functional art, which means it will be beautiful to look at and comfortable to relax in. With the choices available such as Deep Seating Sets, Bistro Sets, Bar Sets, Loungers, Benches, Ottomans, Fire Pit Chairs and Tables, the ideas for creating a personalized space are endless and only limited by your imagination.
In addition, our new Mirrorock collection allows you to customize even more with color and design. With the same beauty and durability as our stone collection, Mirrorock offers a variety of color and can be enhanced with etchings, fossil impressions and in-laid stone on custom orders. With Mirrorock, you will have beautiful furnishings for your outdoor space, patio or garden that will impress your family and friends.